Call for Workshop Proposals
Parallel and distributed computing is a central topic in science, engineering, and societal applications. ICPP, the International Conference on Parallel Processing, provides a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and present results of state-of-the-art research in all aspects of parallel and distributed computing.
The Workshop Committee of ICPP 2023 welcomes proposals for half or full-day workshops to be held at ICPP 2023 on topics of interest to ICPP 2023 attendees. The purpose of these workshops is to create opportunities for presenting novel ideas on specific topics of interest, creating a specialized forum that may open new opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
ICPP 2023 will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah, from August 7th to 10th, 2023. Unless the pandemic worsens, the conference will be held in an in-person format.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, and guaranteeing a high quality worthy of the prestige and breadth of the conference. All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop Proceedings published by ACM. Workshops should cover at least a single session (4 regular papers presented at the workshop). Workshop organizers should ensure the registration and presence of authors of accepted papers.
- Workshop proposal submissions: February 19th, 2023
- Workshop proposal notifications: February 27th, 2023
Workshop proposal guidelines
Proposals should be written in English and include the following information:
- Title/Acronym for the workshop;
- Short biography of the workshop organizers (5-10 lines);
- Abstract on the workshop theme;
- Discussion of the topic's relevance and workshop goals;
- A description of the target audience;
- Expected length (half-day or full-day);
- Publicity plan for attracting submissions;
- If applicable, details on previous instantiations of the workshop;
- Tentative list of PC members with their respective affiliations.
The ICPP Workshop Committee will evaluate workshop proposals. The decision will be made based on the overall quality of the proposal and its match with the topics of interest to ICPP 2023.
Workshop Proposal Submission
Workshop proposals (in pdf format) should be sent by email to one of the workshop chairs, Veronika Sonigo <
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiries.
Daniel Cordeiro (University of São Paulo, Brazil)
Veronika Rehn-Sonigo (FEMTO-ST Institute, University of Franche-Comté, France)